A Motor cortex is a part of the cerebral cortex associated with movement.
There is one primary motor cortex and three secondary motor cortices:
Primary motor cortex
- Function: Direct execution of movement
- Location: Prefrontal gyrus, frontal lobe
Secondary motor cortices
- Function: Integration of visual and motor information
- Location: Parietal lobe
- Function: Planning and mental rehearsal of movement
- Location: Premotor area, superior to Supplementary motor cortex
- Function: Planning and coordination of complex movements
- Location: Premotor area, inferior to Premotor cortex
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.